African Power Pools will be at the heart of IRENA’s final webinar in the current series “Long-term Energy Scenarios (LTES) for Developing National Energy Transition Plans in Africa”.
IRENA delivers the series in collaboration with a range of regional implementation partners including GET.transform, the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), the African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD), the African Development Bank (AfDB), the Ministry of Energy of Kenya, and the African Union Commission.
Each session explores the findings of African countries or organisations with well-established scenario-based planning practices. The final session (13 January, 11am CET/2pm GST) takes place as part of IRENA’s 12th Assembly Stakeholder Engagement Day and will feature insights from African Power Pools and Regional Economic Communities. The range of speakers includes:
- Bernard Hessou, Head of Division, Studies, Planning and Projects Financing, West African Power Pool (WAPP)
- Patrice Manirakiza, Senior Planning Engineer, Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP)
- Emmanuel Bué, Convener of Technical Committee Economic Studies and Scenarios, Mediterranean Transmission System Operators (MED-TSO)
- Bayaornibe Dabire, Director of Energy, Economic Community Of West African States (ECOWAS)
- Peter Kinuthia, Senior Energy Advisor, African Union Commission (AUC)
- Tichakunda Simbini, Energy Infrastructure Expert, African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD)
The event will be simultaneously available in English and French.