IRENA Innovation Week brings together leaders, experts, industry representatives, academics and policy makers to discuss cutting-edge innovations that can support and accelerate the global energy transition.
This year’s edition will shine a particular light on renewable solutions to decarbonise end-use sectors. GET.transform will contribute to the expert exchange by hosting a dedicated panel of the Innovation Sessions.
Christopher Gross, Global Team Lead at GET.transform, will moderate the session “Strategic Considerations for Sector Coupling in Long-Term Energy Scenarios” (28 September, 09.30-11.30 CET). Scenario practitioners from both the public and private sector will share actionable insights by exploring the required institutional, technical conditions, as well as trade-offs for low carbon energy planning.
Expert speakers participating in the session include:
- Martin Hartvig, PhD – Senior Engineer, Energinet
- Claire Nicolas – Senior Energy Economist, ESMAP, World Bank
- Paul Mbuthi, Senior Deputy Director of Renewable Energy, Ministry of Energy, Kenya
- Kaare Sandholt, Chief International Expert China Energy Transformation Programme, Energy Research Institute of the Academy of Macroeconomic Research (ERI)
- Asami Miketa – Head Energy Transition Planning and Power Sector Transformation, IRENA Innovation and Technology Centre